ABOUT

Comfort Sound Technology is for everyone who enjoys pure tonal qualities and vibration.  We know that around 6% of the population uses a musical instrument for music education or performance. But we have created a tool that can also be used for the other 94% of people who will use Comfort Sound Technology for creating outcomes that have less to do with music performance, and more to do with health and education. The Drum Table is a valuable tool when working with people with Alzheimer’s disease. And after more than two years of testing by music therapists and teachers across the United States, we have found that Comfort Sound Technology makes drumming and rhythm uniquely accessible for people with sensitivity to sound, including many people with autism. But don’t think it is only for people with disabilities…it offers unique value for just about anyone!

 

 

AUDITORY RESEARCH

 

Cognitive neuroscience researchers believe that the ability to synchronize to an external beat correlates to better early language and reading skills. If rhythm training could facilitate critical language and reading skills then having tools that are accessible for all students, even those with sound sensitivity or sensory seeking behaviors is vital. 

 

 

 

IS COMFORT SOUND TECHNOLOGY NEEDED?

 

Worldwide there are an estimated 44 million people with dementia. (Alzheimer’s Disease International Website). Caregivers searching for strategies to improve brain health and engagement can use music and drumming for sensory and memory stimulation and creative expression.

 

Autism now affects 1 in 68 children born in the United States and the incidence of autism is growing globally. As families, teachers and clinicians struggle to identify strategies to help people with autism, Comfort Sound Technology makes drumming and rhythm accessible as a tool for: gross motor development, sensory-motor integration, psycho-social self-regulation, auditory sequencing, speech & language, focus, attention skills and more. For families, it also offers a fun group activity that can be enjoyed by the whole family, including members with disabilities.

 

 

UNDERSTANDING THE UNIQUE QUALITY OF COMFORT SOUND

FREQUENCY

The 40” Tunable NSL Drum Table with Comfort Sound Technology can be tuned to a low of around 31hz.

The 30” Tunable NSL Drum Table with Comfort Sound Technology can be tuned to a low of around 44hz.

The 22” Tunable NSL Drum Table with Comfort Sound Technology can be tuned to a low of around 65hz.

 

 

DECAY

Comfort Sound Technology reduces the duration of decay more than 50% compared to a similar product without Comfort Sound Technology.